ISM-CT is proud to announce that our membership has earn the outstanding ISM Global Affiliate of the Year! What an excellent, outstanding achievement for our volunteers and members.
Summer is here! I hope yours is going well.
ISM-CT is the 2016 ISM Global Affiliate of the Year! I am so proud to be typing those words. This recognition is given to the ISM affiliate that demonstrates excellence in various educational and administrative areas, and per ISM, the Connecticut affiliate led the pack in 2016. What a terrific group effort! Our Board of Directors and volunteers really exhibit passion for the organization and the profession, and should all take pride in this award.
On behalf of the organization, I want to thank Charlotte Mihok (Executive Director) and Chris Mihok (Board Advisor) for being on hand at ISM2017 in Orlando to accept the award for our affiliate. I also want to thank ISM-CT member Tim Fiore, CPSM; former ISM Board member, ISM-CT Board of Advisor and winner of the 2015 J. Shipman Gold Medal Awardfor coming to this year’s ISM-CT Awards Banquet to present the award to me and the affiliate, thus enabling us to enjoy that same experience.
Speaking of the ISM-CT Awards Banquet, we had a very nice evening at Rocky’s Aqua Restaurant in Clinton, CT……beautiful location right on Long Island Sound. This evening is where we recognize and thank the work of our volunteers, organizations and honor them with the following awards:
- The President's Award was received by Chris Mihok, CPSM for his outstanding contribution to the Education and Training committee, the ISM-CT annual Forum, the Board of Advisors, for his support of ISM & ISM-CT events and CPSM/CPSD designations.
- The Board of Directors award went to James Tornos, Ph.D., CPSM for his support to ISM-CT as treasurer, mentorship, LinkedIn connection and for always stepping up to get things done.
- The Organization of the Year went to Yale University for supporting ISM-CT events such as workshops, seminars and CPSM training.
- The E&T Committee Person of the Year went to Joseph Mongillo of Pfizer. His contributions to E&T and fresh ideas were very much appreciated by the group.
- The Membership Person of the Year was awarded to Matthew Stosse, CPSM, for bringing new ideas for our members.
- The Forum Person of the Year went to Bob Sember. His continuous energy and ideas for this annual event go unmatched by others.
Another element of this annual event is to announce the winner of the Richard V. Bradshaw Memorial Scholarship. This year’s winner is Kaitlyn Ann Dudley, a student at Oklahoma State University and granddaughter of members Pennie and Bob Else, C.P.M.. We were honored with the Else's presence and that of other past presidents (the Nutmeggers) Ken Levy, Randy Walker, Steve Grzesik, Peter Brandolini and Bob Sember.
Ken Levy, C.P.M. did the Installation ceremony for the incoming board for 2017-2018. We are looking for volunteers for our board so if you are interested, please speak to Charlotte Mihok (firstname.lastname@example.org) or me (John.Toto@pb.com). All in all it was a lovely, intimate evening and all had a good time. We hope to see you become part of the board.
Our E&T committee is in the process of planning for the upcoming program year and have many enticing topics planned for educational opportunities via workshops and seminars. I encourage you to check out our events calendar on our website; we will post these events as we solidify the scheduling of them:
One of these events of note coming up very soon is the ISM-CT Emerging Professionals Group Happy Hour, sponsored by the Northeast Supply Management Group (NSMG), at:
120 Hebron Avenue
Glastonbury, CT 06033
This promises to be a fun and memorable time. It’s open to everyone but we particularly encourage all emerging professionals in any Supply Management disciplines to come out, network, and have a few laughs.
John A. Toto, Jr., C.P.M.
July 17, 2017
5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
Add to Calendar
On July 17, ISM-CT will hold a Happy Hour for Emerging Professionals sponsored by ISM-CT and ISM-Northeast Supply Management Group (NSMG).
Join ISM-CT professionals welcome emerging professionals in the supply management field. Free hors d'ouevres and cash bar will be provided by ISM-CT and NSMG.
Share this with your fellow staff members and come enjoy an evening of good food, drinks and a beautiful view!
You do not have to be a member to attend.
Sign up today!